Do you want to work with the company behind the world´s brightest X-ray tube? Great, then you´ve come to the right place! Excillum is a leading company in the field of high-end microfocus and nanofocus X-ray sources. The company was founded in 2007 by researchers from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH). We are looking for you who wants to be part of an exciting journey and have the chance to influence and build ways-of-working within test. If you have some years of work experience with system testing and wants to work in a unique role in a growing world leading company – look no further. Welcome to Excillum!
About the role
Excillum designs, develops, and manufactures X-ray sources with the world's highest radiance based on anodes consisting of a beam of liquid metal. The X-ray sources can be used in a wide range of areas including manufacturing, science, and medicine.
Excillum is growing in, among other things, the electronics industry where our products are used to x-ray circuit boards as well as in the medical field where the products are used to x-ray virus and tumors (outside the body). Since the start, we have grown to be currently around 70 coworkers in Stockholm and are all working on the same mission: to enable new science, improve medicine, and enhance manufacturing This is achieved by continuous development of state-of-the-art X-ray sources. Today, test and verification are performed by researchers and developers as well as in production. As the products move into the manufacturing industry, the importance of systematic testing increases. Therefore, we are looking for someone who can help Excillum improve our strategies and structure when it comes to testing.
Excillum are head quartered in Kista, where we have R&D, engineering, lab, and production all in house which makes you will work close to the products you are testing.
Why work as a System Test Engineer at Excillum?
- Maybe you have several interesting job opportunities out there, so why would you choose Excillum? We believe that this is the right position for you who wants to have influence over how your company work with testing. You are probably driven by working in a role where you can see a clear difference of your work!
- High levels of expertise! You will work together with some of the absolute leading experts within the X-ray industry and have the chance to grow your knowledge in other technical areas as well.
- At Excillum, you will be surrounded by friendly, humble and helpful colleagues and a manager who support and encourages you to take initiatives and share new ideas.
Some words from your future manager
Hi! My name is Nina and I started at Excillum 1½ year ago. I found passionate colleagues, products with unexplored technical possibilities and a company committed to be the world leader in their field. As a manager, I want to give you the opportunity to try out your own ideas and working methods and I want to be a sounding board for you to discuss different solutions and give you the support you need. As a System Test Engineer, you will work strategically with how we work with test as well as set up test environments and perform tests together with you colleagues. If you like to work both strategically and hands-on in a company where there are great opportunities to make a difference, this job is for you. Come join us!"
This is a new role at Excillum, meaning you will play an important role in building up this position and help Excillum create a vision and strategy for their testing. This includes understanding customer demands, the current test set-up and identify a strategy to meet customer expectations. Since Excillum still is a small company, the role will also include hands on testing and set-up of test structures. You will be part of the engineering department and work with products in development phase as well as with updates of existing products. You will collaborate with different functions within Excillum, for examples Project Managers, Software, Electronics and Mechanical Engineers, production, sales etc and you work in projects running from around 3 months up to 2-3 years.
Furthermore, you will for example work with…
- Test and verification of Excillum´s complete system of features/products in development
- Test and verification of updates of existing products
- Work in development projects and providing feedback on products and designs
- Write test strategies and test plans
- Automatic test design
- Hands-on conduct testing in the lab
- Co-ordinate the results from the different tests that are on-going
We are looking for
For this position, and at Excillum in general, we attach great importance to you as a person and your interest for the position and the company. We believe in the right attitude!
Since this is Excillum´s first System Test Engineer, you also need…
- A bachelor or master’s degree within electronics, mechatronics, physics or similar
- Several years of work experience with test of industrial products containing both hardware and software
- Knowledge in different types of tests (verification, validation etc.)
- Experience of automated testing. Able to set up automatic test environment and write tests
- Strong knowledge in English
It will be seen as a merit if you have…
- Experience from the battery industry
- Start: Immediate, but an eventual notice period or other circumstances will be considered
- Work extent: Fulltime
- Location: Kista in Stockholm, Sweden
- This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Excillum that all questions regarding the position are handled by Academic Work.
- Contact information: Recruitment Consultant Johanna Sörell, email@example.com
- Our selection process is ongoing and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.