Do you want to work with the company behind the world´s brightest X-ray tube? Great, then you´ve come to the right place! Excillum is a leading company in the field of high-end microfocus and nanofocus X-ray sources and was founded in 2007 by researchers from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH). If you have some years of work experience as a Software Engineer within C or C++, a strong interest for embedded systems, innovative and unique technology and are looking for a tough (but fun) technical challenge in a growing company – look no further, welcome to Excillum!
About the role
Currently, Excillum offer the MetalJet source, based on the company-founding metal-jet-anode technology, and the NanoTube source powered by their refined e-beam technology. The metal-jet technology was invented by the company´s founders in 1999 and today, they offer a growing range of the MetalJet and NanoTube X-ray sources based on the key technologies to customers all over the world. Since the start, Excillum has grown to be currently around 70 coworkers in Stockholm and are all working on the same mission: to enable new science, improve medicine, and enhance manufacturing by continuous development of state-of-the-art X-ray sources. They have hired several employees during both 2020 and 2021 and as the expansion continues, they look to grow the Software Engineering team. Currently there are four other Software Engineers, working cross functionally and collaborating with electrical and mechanical engineers as well as compliance engineers, researchers, production, support and sales. Excillum are headquartered in Kista, where they have R&D, engineering, lab, and production all in house.
Some words from Nina, Head of Engineering at Excillum
"I started at Excillum 1½ year ago. I found passionate colleagues, products with unexplored technical possibilities and a company committed to be the world leader in their field. We are on a journey where we grow together. Come join us!"
Read more about Excillum HERE.
You are offered
- You will be part of a growing international company with clients all over the world and with the ambition to both grow with new employees and new products the coming years
- “Great responsibilities” – Maybe you have heard that before 😉 but at Excillum, you will not only have great responsibilities, you will also play an important role in discussions about how to drive better technical decisions and exploration of new technologies, designing work processes etc.
- You will be part of a company with a strong engineering culture and work closely with experts within electronics, software, and mechanics – we believe that this will create good opportunities for you to develop both as a mechanical engineer but also within other technical areas
- A company with a friendly and helpful work environment with humble and motivated colleagues, all of them eager to contribute to the company´s vision and mission.
As a Software Engineer at Excillum, you will work in a broad role and be involved in development and maintenance of Excillum´s X-ray systems’ software. A software using mostly C++ and Python in a Linux environment. You will get the chance to work with a large spectrum of software assignments.
You will for example…
- Develop and implement algorithms to enhance x-ray performance
- Design and implement SW infrastructure
- Maintain the current X-ray control software
- Work with testing and CI/CD
- Develop and support the GUI/HMI of the sources
- Perform root-cause investigation of the X-ray tube, debug software and support other functions at Excillum such as production, service and research
- Work closely with our customers to understand their needs and integrate with their systems
- Contribute to workflow and process improvements
We are looking for
In this recruitment process we will attach great importance on your personal skills and your interest for this position and Excillum as a company. You are probably motivated by new challenges and likes to share your knowledge with your team as well as contribute to improvements of ways of working.
On top of this, you also have…
- A M.Sc. within the fields of engineering software, physics, electronics, mechatronics or similar
- Some years of work experience within software engineering and with strong knowledge in C or C++ and Python
- Knowledge in agile methods such as Scrum
- Professional knowledge in English, written and spoken
- Start: Immediate, but an eventual notice period or other circumstances will be considered
- Work extent: Fulltime
- Location: Kista in Stockholm, Sweden
- This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Excillum that all questions regarding the position are handled by Academic Work.
- Contact information: Recruitment Consultant Johanna Sörell, email@example.com
- Our selection process is ongoing and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Already working at Excillum?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.